Thursday, May 03, 2007

Glen Jackson named Premiership P.O.Y.


"'Cor blimey Bottle - ya reckon I could get a gig in Ol' Blighty, too?"

Rugby Planet reports:

Saracens fly-half Glen Jackson was the surprise winner of the Professional Rugby Players' Association (PRA) player of the year award on Wednesday evening.

The former New Zealand Maori topped the poll ahead of Bristol number eight Dan Ward-Smith and Leicester's powerful Samoan winger Alesana Tuilagi.

Jackson, 31, is the leading points scorer in the Guinness Premiership and helped Saracens qualify for this weekend's semi-final against Gloucester.

"I was very shocked when I heard the news and couldn't quite believe it to be honest," Jackson said after collecting the award at a gala ceremony in London.

"It is a real honour to be voted by your peers. It is the greatest achievement of my rugby career to win this award and a very proud moment.

"My thanks have to go to my team mates at Saracens for the support I have received this season."

Jackson signed for Saracens from Waikato in November 2004 and has flourished this season under the stewardship of director of rugby Alan Gaffney.


The rest of the story.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home