Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Lomu still not letting go of his World Cup dream

April 12, 2006

New Zealand Herald reports:

12.04.06 1.00pm

Lomu still not letting go of his World Cup dream

Former All Black Jonah Lomu insists he can still play for New Zealand in next year's World Cup despite his latest injury - to a hamstring - having kept him out of the Cardiff Blues sude since early February.

Lomu is fighting rumours that his career is sliding into oblivion and has vowed to force his way into Graham Henry's All Blacks squad for the 2007 World Cup in France, the South Wales Echo newspaper reported.

"There has been a great deal said about my fitness and my future and, to be honest, there are plenty of people out there who have been pretty judgmental about it," said Lomu, who made his name as a 19-year-old at the 1995 World Cup.

He is reported likely to return to New Zealand in six weeks.

"I have my goals and my immediate future lies back in New Zealand," Lomu told the newspaper.

"There is no reason why I can't get back in the national side and show people I am good enough to be considered for a place in the World Cup.

"That is my ultimate goal and I am determined to get there."

Read the rest...


Just grabbed an interesting link via Silver Fern of a wmv clip of Lomu playing as a 17-year-old schoolboy. Take a look!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home